I still disagree (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:23 (3877 days ago) @ Kermit

...Also nothing Daisy Fitzroy does in the game, including shooting a crying kid, is as damaging to as many people as the day-to-day oppression perpetrated by Comstock’s society.

God forbid we call both instances bad.

This line really bothered me, and initially it was because this writer so casually justifies the execution of a child, but I got to thinking about it, and that's exactly the kind of logic that fueled the Bolshevik revolution, and many of the other murderous political movements in human history.

"Freedom is a bourgeois prejudice. We repudiate all morality which proceeds from supernatural ideas or ideas which are outside the class conception. In our opinion, morality is entirely subordinate to the interests of the class war. Everything is moral which is necessary for the annihilation of the old exploiting order and for the uniting the proletariat. Our morality consists solely in close discipline and conscious warfare against the exploiters." -- Lenin

Hitler did something similar, reputiating all morality that didn't serve the master race.

^This

Apropos of kinda related, wife and I have been gourging on M.A.S.H. lately. I never watched it until now. Hawkeye is my hero. We need more people like him.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread