hahaha (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, August 08, 2013, 06:59 (3904 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Finally enjoying my Skyrim play through once I discovered that I had somehow set the difficulty to the second highest. For the first dungeon I was thinking "I wonder if Bethesda bases their difficulty off of SLASO runs". Once I turned it down to somewhere in the middle and I didn't have to hit enemies 20 times for every 3 times they got me, it got a lot more interesting and fun.

I'm glad you did this, and I think it helps illustrate my point about describing difficulty settings well. With Skyrim, 'easy' makes you sound like a noob and 'hard' makes you sound like a God-man. Who doesn't want to be God-man? Then you get farted on by a mudcrab and die instantly, and realize maybe God-man difficulty isn't the best place to start.

Difficulty is sooo important. I am fascinated by games that are still fun on the highest levels of difficulty.

I agree. I loved how in Mass Effect 2 the enemies got different, not just 'harder.'

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread