Even if you could choose which type of Raid you wanted? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 08:25 (2464 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Yes, even if. It would complicate the game, complicate the effort to find raiding partners, and diminish the uniqueness of the raid.

You see the problem here? No compromise.

There are solutions.

I suggest the Raids be available in more forms. Compartmentalization, no-reset, exploration mode, easy enemies.

Bungie gives us Guided games. We already did that on our own in D1. They dressed it up a bit but it's a simple case of social manipulation. They failed to get the end-game numbers they wanted in D1 but are unwilling to admit the problem is their game's design. Someone at Bungie has an elite gamer ego complex and is unwilling to compromise for the lesser (but greater numbered) players. I'm seeing right through this mess to you Luke Smith (sorry if it's not you Luke).

Oh, I think you can credit Luke. I think the raids were his idea, and were his way of bringing the WoW raiding experience into an FPS. In my opinion he succeeded. And sure, they'd like to have more people play raids because raids are fun!

What you describe are not raids because you're taking away the identifying characteristics of raids. Destiny provides those things in other modes. I don't see the problem in design that you see. Raids are meant to be challenging and overcoming challenge is integral to the fun that only raids can deliver.

We don't value what comes easily to us.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread