Non-raiders often seem unable to "get" raiding (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 14:17 (2454 days ago) @ Kermit

The point about raids being a bait and switch, though, I just can't relate to. I'm pretty sure that before D1 came out I posted here that I didn't know if I'd be able to raid. I didn't know if it would be an activity I could handle. I was prepared for it not to be. I wasn't salty about it. I was still excited to play the game.

This pretty much my point though. If you want to beat the raid, it still requires skill and coordination without worrying about beating it within a week or less. The weekly reset doesn't change the difficulty, it just forces you to start over. Even if you can save your checkpoint over the reset you still have to have the same skill and coordination.

Now if Bungie really wants to make the raid hard, they could make it like the old Nightfall strikes. A team wipe means back to orbit! (I would _never_ try to do that, that's just frustrating for no good reason) :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread