Resets provide help. (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 14:22 (2463 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

But allowing you to keep your checkpoints doesn't change the amount of loot you can get from the activity in the week. Really, it's no different than how some people (I'm looking at you Kermit!) save their checkpoints over the reset today already. If people feel the need to do that, I think that's a strong indication that there is no reason to force the checkpoint to reset. Instead, just let us keep our checkpoints until we decide we need to reset from the beginning or we beat the raid. Leave the loot limits exactly like they are today so you don't get more loot that you're supposed to each week. Let players decide if they are too weak to continue and reset their progress after the loot reset to get more early-raid loot. It's not like people doing the raid don't know that they need to increase their power to make encounters easier.

Chappy (and maybe Kermit) typically just save the checkpoint on the raids to skip all the stuff and get straight to the boss fight after we've been doing the raid for awhile and can't get anything from the other parts. I know we ran WotM Aksis part 2 all the time just to try and get the ship/sparrow to drop. This method is used to bypass all the other crap and not just as a continuation of the previous raid.

If I were to jump into a raid group where 4 different people had 4 different checkpoints on a raid I'd probably just rage quit due to the bickering and complaining to be had between people who only want to use their checkpoint.

Personally, the weekly reset should remain what it is. A reset of the world events and activities, not a continuation of stuff you failed to complete in time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread