Non-raiders often seem unable to "get" raiding (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 14:07 (2454 days ago) @ Kermit

I agree with many things the author said. Pieces of it echo what I've said here and other places. The viewpoint is not particularly welcome amongst Bungie, Destiny end-game fans.

I guess I've demonstrated that in my responses. Consider this, though. Trials is an end-game activity that I can't participate in successfully. That doesn't bother me at all. I think Trials is super-cool, and I'm very happy that the game has it. I don't consider myself ripped off or some such nonsense just because every pixel in the game isn't available to me.

Eh, I don't think you can really compare Trials here. I actually never considered whether a trials card disappears or resets after Trials is over because generally I prefer to continue a card until we have too many losses anyway. Regardless, I don't see a problem with a Trials card carrying over either.

A more apt comparison might be Iron Banner bounties. Those didn't reset or go away unless you deleted them. The next time Iron Banner came around you if you hung onto them you were able to complete them. Resetting the raid each week is similar to saying you loose something by forcing Iron Banner bounties from going away. It's not like they break the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread