Resets provide help. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 14:27 (2454 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

But allowing you to keep your checkpoints doesn't change the amount of loot you can get from the activity in the week. Really, it's no different than how some people (I'm looking at you Kermit!) save their checkpoints over the reset today already. If people feel the need to do that, I think that's a strong indication that there is no reason to force the checkpoint to reset. Instead, just let us keep our checkpoints until we decide we need to reset from the beginning or we beat the raid. Leave the loot limits exactly like they are today so you don't get more loot that you're supposed to each week. Let players decide if they are too weak to continue and reset their progress after the loot reset to get more early-raid loot. It's not like people doing the raid don't know that they need to increase their power to make encounters easier.

For the record I've done that only a handful of times, usually for King's Fall, which I think most people agree was too long.

Your post made me think more about how no resets would negatively impact the raid experience, though. I think checkpoint trading would explode and there would be fewer beginning-to-end raid experiences. The raid is supposed to be an epic, continuous experience, not another version of the strike playlist. It's length is one of its defining characteristics. I've said to the group before that King's Fall would be the most epic of the raids, if only we'd have more time to experience it in one go.

Kerm

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread