Resets provide help. (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 14:02 (2454 days ago) @ unoudid

Destiny is a loot driven game that resets all activities every week to help you earn more loot. The system that you are describing goes against everything that the core of the game is designed around.

I'm not arguing that it wouldn't be nice during the first few weeks of the raid to hold those checkpoints. It just goes against the entire system that they base everything around.

But allowing you to keep your checkpoints doesn't change the amount of loot you can get from the activity in the week. Really, it's no different than how some people (I'm looking at you Kermit!) save their checkpoints over the reset today already. If people feel the need to do that, I think that's a strong indication that there is no reason to force the checkpoint to reset. Instead, just let us keep our checkpoints until we decide we need to reset from the beginning or we beat the raid. Leave the loot limits exactly like they are today so you don't get more loot that you're supposed to each week. Let players decide if they are too weak to continue and reset their progress after the loot reset to get more early-raid loot. It's not like people doing the raid don't know that they need to increase their power to make encounters easier.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread