"IN" (Destiny)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:00 (3866 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 12:04

The Fallen/House of Devils symbol(s) look(s) like "RCS" to me... does that ring any bells for anyone?

The Fallen symbol definitely looks like RCS or RCM on top with an H underneath. RCSH? HRCS? House R___ C___ S___? The diagonal slashes of paint could transform the symbols into something else though.

Another theory: you can double any or almost any letter/symbol/glyph with a diagonal stroke by putting another stroke next to it, and you can double almost any letter made of circle segments by putting a curve (that looks like this --> ) to the right of it (very close to the character). It also looks like most of the symbols made of two lines can be joined to each other. As for the letter combinations, I suspect it has something to do with how they're drawn/written, which I think is starting from the left center.

Sounds about right.

Looking closely at the shirt pictures, I can see that "ondari" (in the upper right) has a U symbol after it, so it's "ondariu".

Good call on the "U". Definitely looks plausible. Still makes no sense!

Also looking where the "nt" was noticed, in the lower central area, here's what I think that symbols could represent:

• "imfdnt"
  • "imfddnt", per the letter doubling by adding a stroke
  • "impdnt"
  • "impddnt"
  • "imf?nt"
  • "imp?nt"

where ? stands for a character we're not familiar with yet. The character (characters?) before the one that represents N looks like the one that represents O, but one of the lines, the upright one, doesn't actually touch the others; there's a noticeable gap and every other showing of the O symbol so far has the three lines solidly connected.

Man, these last two words are really tricky. I've had no luck matching them up with any names and as words they just look like gibberish. I think it's going to be tough to solve this one without knowing what's behind the Fallen logo.

I just noticed that it looks like we may have another unique symbol for a letter combination.

"IN"
[image]

It looks kind of like the "U" symbol flipped and reversed. You can see it in "CHRISTINE" but that area looks pretty messy and I can't be sure about it since there's no duplicate. It could just as easily be part of a typographical error. And it still doesn't help us with the remaining words. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread