Mail Sack (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 07:02 (3884 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I stuffed a request into this week's mail sack. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get some Bungie help on solving the rest of the puzzle

Thinking aloud here (rhetorical ramblings of a mad man);
Lately, I've strangely been regretting bringing up my findings in this thread right away.
Sure, this could be a localized "puzzle" with absolutely no use beyond the shirt. And maybe I just followed the bread crumbs exactly as they wanted and planned somebody to, but I've been worrying about the possibility that there was going to be more future uses in game that have since been changed/removed as the lead has been discovered? Maybe this could have developed further if it wasn't noticed/"solved" so early?

I love getting confirmation from the sources. It is always nice to have the certainty. But at the same time I've always hated the idea of "crossing the fourth wall". It has always felt like cheating in a way to me.

No way, they've said a bunch of times how surprised they were at how fast we figured something out, and for the last thing, the one with the geomantic figures and the globe and the Fourier transform, IIRC they said we got it an hour or two before (or after?) they predicted we would. I wasn't expecting this alphabet to (almost) map one-to-one with the Latin alphabet used in English, I was expecting it to be a little more convoluted, which might mean they made it simple on purpose.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread