Who is still playing Destiny 2? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, November 05, 2017, 10:46 (2362 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm just curious.

For the first three weeks, I routinely had at least 15 friends online (and often nearly double that), all playing Destiny 2. Most of my meager PSN friends list is folks from here.

At this moment, I have five friends online, and not a single one is playing Destiny 2.

I haven't been playing much of anything recently. Lots of stuff keeping me busy, but I have been hopping on when I have the chance (and when I don't just play HZD again).

I'm just curious how many have moved on and how many are still playing regularly.

Sammy still has fun with it, and she'll ask me if there are any scheduled things or raids that I've signed up for that she can get in on, but beyond that, she's not doing much gaming right now either.

My brother is a bit of an outlier. He loves the crap out of Destiny 2, and plays pretty much every day, and yet, he has absolutely zero interest in raiding. The few times that I've made him try the raid, he doesn't really have fun (and when I showed him the raids in D1, he was like "no thanks").
So I found that interesting, and it makes me kind of glad that Bungie is doing a greater number of non-raid activities, because as Destiny 1 showed, only half of the community really ever even went out of their way to finish a single raid.

So yeah, while most raid-loving folks (like the majority of people here) feel done or discouraged with D2 at the moment, there's no doubt plenty of folks who simply enjoy playing the game rather than feeling beholden to endgame stuff, and it's that kind of stuff that keeps me hopping on too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread