Not Much (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 06, 2017, 10:10 (2355 days ago) @ Schooly D

Mostly just the weekly raid group at this point. PvP occasionally, but it just isn't close to as much fun as D1 was.

This is something I find really interesting, but it makes sense on further reflection. Destiny 2 is a much better game than D1 was during most of its lifetime, but despite that people are having less fun in D2 than D1.

It's a better game and I had more fun with everything but the raid.

2. This is a consequence of D2 essentially being expensive DLC. D1 was terrible, but it was fresh at least. As the months rolled on that freshness waned, and while D2 was a shot in the arm in this regard it's not enough to reinvigorate the franchise. I'd wager a lot of the loyalists here feel like they're still playing the same game they were two years ago (even if they might not admit it): go to planets, shoot Vex, shoot Cabal, shoot Hive, shoot Fallen, return to Tower so you can get loot you weren't hoping for.

This is the correct answer. Des2ny did not really challenge me or make me learn new skills or anything. Halo 2 played completely differently than Halo, and so you had to relearn a lot and explore this new game. Des2ny is basically Destiny, and so it kind of feels old. As a game it's great, but as a sequel it's terrible if that makes sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread