With ebb and flow, yes. (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, November 06, 2017, 11:41 (2361 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As has been made clear, you can feel accomplished even without dropping all of your time into the game. I have been playing other games around Des2ny more than I did at the start of Dest1ny. The core gameplay loop is still possibly the best on the market from an overall consideration on modern shooter games. But most of the strong draws aren't in there the same way. It has become a more casual experience for me based on who is online. Which admittedly is much fewer folk than before.

I have a reasonably large essay as a critique of the game, mostly being critical pf the PvP experience as well as looking at the application of set rolls and mods. I'm probably going to hold off and edit it related to upcoming CoO info. But a lot of the raw fun and character of Dest1ny's Crucible and Strikes (my two main activities at the time) is just not there in Des2ny.

With other games coming out and my existing backlog being worked through I really appreciate that Des2ny is happy to not demand all of my time, though not for perfect reasons all the time. but sometimes I miss running King's Fall 3 times a week with the same people. The Leviathan just doesn't have the same pull that thr D1 Raids had. A great blind experience, but it hasn't made me want to go back nearly as much.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread