Judging from what we got (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 06, 2017, 12:49 (2334 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't forget we just got off the best D1 ever was, with 4 raids, 10 strikes, etc. So with this not having the amount of content, it just feels lamer.

This is legitimately puzzling to me. It appears the game is largely the same in terms of engine, just with enhancements. So why do we not have things like private matches and all that? Don't they get that 'for free' since it's already in the code?

And yes. When your sequel is smaller and moves backward it does make a bad impression. Perhaps this is why WoW never had any 'sequels' and just expansion after expansion.

The code was significantly updated. The areas are huge and have a massive amount of enemies in them with more player characters doing more things in them. I remember Luke saying that the VOG opening sequence had to not have any patrols or anything in that dome because it need to handle the opening sequence. Now we have multiple people in different adventures colliding with a heroic public event amongst other things.

So while yes, they can re-use a lot of code, this isn't like they opened up Destiny.sln, selected a new drop down build setting and hit rebuild.

I'm so tired of people who haven't worked on a AAA video game, let alone write code, making assumptions about how hard it is to implement the SIMPLEST feature in a game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread