Interesting points, but... (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Monday, November 06, 2017, 17:14 (2334 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I would suspect the opposite. The size of the “grind gap” between the end of the campaign and being Raid Ready in D1 was so huge that the majority of the player base never got there. It’s way easier to get a character up to raid level in D2.

But less easy to find a raid group. It took me until right before The Dark Below to get around to doing VoG, but there were still lots of groups running it at that time, so I was able to hop into some Fireteam Builder events and enjoy it for the first time, months after it had come out. Crota era Fireteam Builder events would sometimes have 3 teams worth of sign ups. There seems to have been a huge dropoff in that kind of thing. There could be several reasons for that of course, but to me it seems like one of them pretty much has to be that after you get through it, there's not much reason to do it again. Like I said, great for the players that wanted to feel like one and done was enough, but less great for those lagging behind without a dedicated group.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread