+1 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 02, 2018, 17:54 (2371 days ago) @ Harmanimus

In all seriousness, what happened between D1 and D2? I'm not going to say there aren't any attractive sets in D2, but I feel like I liked basically everything in D1 and there's tons of stuff in D2 I think is just straight up ugly.

Also, I logged in to D1 to play Wrath of the Machine that night a few weeks ago, and my Hunter looked badass, with some of the cool Crota ornaments, and it made me real bummed with D2's armor again. Like, I chased those FWC ornaments through two faction rallies, and I think it looks cool, but really it's just some dots that get put on the armor. Where are my cool glowy spikes?

I really don't want to sound belittling, truly, but some of that stuff seems so low effort compared to the stuff we saw in Destiny 1. And maybe that's not true--maybe that's just comparing three years' worth of D1 content to six months' worth of D2 content. I dunno. I guess when they were talking about seasonal ornaments for everything, I was thinking more along the lines of the crazy Age of Triumph ornaments versus the minor armor skins we have seen so far in Destiny 2. And again, some of those really do look great, I just hope we get more of the really obvious, ostentatious stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread