I looooove the aesthetic of the D2 armor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 04, 2018, 17:07 (2369 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I main Titan and I'm sorry, but I would like an apology from whoever decided taking shoulders and increasing their size by 150%+ was the appropriate aesthetic choice. Or to give me a dozen different options of slightly different flat metal covered legs.

My Titan wears Kairos Function Greaves specifically because they're interesting at the top.(I'm with you 500% on the shoulder gripe.)

As mentioned many Warlock sets are weird, almost-formal gowns. Like they are almost all for ceremony. Minus 3 sets with a +1 reskin to each (The Crucible homeless "sleeping bag" robes, the Vanguard "that fur lining is warming nothing" jacket, and the Wilwood jacket) most of them don't feel as grounded as the D1 gear did, or as aesthetically pleasing. Even when those looked more like space dresses.

I'm flabbergasted there isn't a simple leather duster option. I'd wear that all day every day, if there was. :(

I will admit that I'm actually pretty happy with the gear I have on my Hunter in D2, though. But I spent 3 years trying to make my Hunter look as much like an ODST as I could in D1, and I could do it within a few months in D2. The toe socks are still unacceptable, though.

Toe-sock boots = instant shard. (I don't follow that rule for special boots - raid, faction - but for any regular boots, I don't even look at the stats, I just destroy 'em if they're split.)

I’m still at the early end-game point with my Xbox hunter (y’know, that point where you keep the first legendary item you get in each slot, add a mod that you like, then infuse subsiquent drops into it to raise your light level). So for the time being, my Hunter is stuck with toe-boots and it drives me nuts, lol. But when I look at the few other legendary pants that have dropped for me, I don’t like the thighs. So half my hunter’s legs are going to look ugly, no matter what ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread