I looooove the aesthetic of the D2 armor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 04, 2018, 00:33 (2370 days ago) @ cheapLEY

. . . I honestly gave up on finding Warlock gear that I actually like.

Most of the Warlock stuff in D2 is also awful. I used the Wildwood robes pretty much exclusively until someone I play with periodically asked me why I didn't mix it up. So I put on the homeless robes. Titan and Hunter stuff, too, though. A lot of it is nitpicking for me, because the designs are still executed really well and they fill the aesthetic of Destiny (in noting that they do fit for Destiny for folks who like D2 armor), but of all of the D1 armor that I liked? Basically none of it was brought aesthetically forward and the pieces I liked least were what we saw get brought to D2. I main Titan and I'm sorry, but I would like an apology from whoever decided taking shoulders and increasing their size by 150%+ was the appropriate aesthetic choice. Or to give me a dozen different options of slightly different flat metal covered legs.

As mentioned many Warlock sets are weird, almost-formal gowns. Like they are almost all for ceremony. Minus 3 sets with a +1 reskin to each (The Crucible homeless "sleeping bag" robes, the Vanguard "that fur lining is warming nothing" jacket, and the Wilwood jacket) most of them don't feel as grounded as the D1 gear did, or as aesthetically pleasing. Even when those looked more like space dresses.

I will admit that I'm actually pretty happy with the gear I have on my Hunter in D2, though. But I spent 3 years trying to make my Hunter look as much like an ODST as I could in D1, and I could do it within a few months in D2. The toe socks are still unacceptable, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread