God of War ***Spoiler Thread*** (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 23, 2018, 10:47 (2167 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:06

I just revived Mimir, so you’re passed where I am. I did have the Blades of Chaos spoiled for me though, so I knew that was coming. I did think it was going to be much more late game though.

I know photo mode is coming, but I really hope NG+ is something they consider.

I can’t say enough about how good the game is in basically every way. I’m enthralled by the story, and I find that really surprising. The world design is incredible. It is as you said. It’s perfect in size and scope, and the optional areas (the few that I’ve done, finding the Alchemist’s Ring and the old Dwarf King’s castle) are great. There really seems to be absolutely no filler in the game, in that even the optional stuff is fun and feels well worth seeing and doing.

And again, the art direction of the game is just incredible. Everything is beautiful, and they do an excellent job of transitioning between themes naturally but fairly quickly.

P.S. The dwarves are awesome. Maybe I’m just an immature child still, but Brok’s foul language cracks me up every single time.

Also, the game got me interested enough that I spent one of my Audible credits this month on Neil Gaimon’s Norse Mythology, which is basically just his retelling of the myths in a more traditional novel and easy to digest manner. He also narrates the audio book. If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s been great for the past two hours I’ve been listening.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread