Muspelheim *SP* (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 12:01 (2184 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Finally beat my first Valkyrie last night. Was a tough one. Her normal attacks were fairly blockable but she would occasionally do a special attack where she’d jump on me and kick me in the face to death. I finally learned the extremely quick tell and figured out I could dodge at the right time and finally won after about 30 minutes of trying.

The one I faced had odd normal attacks. They were able to be parried, but the timing is just odd enough that it was sort of difficult to get right. She starts from across the arena then launches herself at you, but there's just a split second of hesitation when she gets to you before she swings--just enough that it's easy to be lured into blocking too early.

She also really punishes you if you get greedy with your attacks. I got the parry down, and go in for the counterattack, but if you get to greedy she does this crazy spin attack. You can block it, but if you screw that up, it leaves you wide open and she does three or four spins that just decimate your health pool.

It was a very, very fun fight, and I'm looking forward to finding the rest of them.

One of my favorite things is a Talsmen I have that instantly refreshes my Runic attacks. Being able to hit a boss with two uses of each Runic attack deals MASSIVE damage in a very short amount of time. :)

That sounds awesome.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread