Muspelheim *SP* (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 09:42 (2185 days ago) @ stabbim

I’m with you. I usually find these sorts of arenas a bit tedious. But the combat feels so good that I just want to do more of it. And the trials are designed so well that it really does encourage, if not outright force, the player to use the full toolset.

The other optional area, Nilfheim isn’t nearly as good. It is actually tedious. It’s a sort of maze of traps. The whole area is covered in most that slowly drains a meter. When that meter is empty, you start taking a damage, and it will completely drain your health very quickly. There are chests littered everywhere that give you Mist Echoes, and each chest you open refills a portion of that meter. The mist echoes are used to craft the armor set, which increase your resistance to the mist. They’re also used as a currency for the central chamber which is filled with chests and a few Realm Tears that are locked until you have enough Mist Echoes. If you die in the maze, you lose your Mist Echoes, so you have to make it out. It ends up being repeated small incursions to slowly get enough materials to craft armor with increased resistance. It’s an exercise in tedium. It’s a neat idea that just doesn’t end up being very fun. It’s the first time I’m playing this game that I didn’t want to be doing the activity in front of me. It’s bad enough that it will probably be the thing that prevents me from getting the platinum trophy. I don’t think i can stomach grinding it out for a few hours to get through.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread