So I just "finished" **Spoilers** (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 20:24 (2191 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Holy cow. God of War is an absolute ride. What an incredible experience.

The final Baldur fight was great. His switching between fire and ice vulnerability to force the player to use both weapons was brilliant. It's honestly something I wish the game leaned on a bit more. It does a decent job of it (The encounter with the fire and ice trolls at the same time, where you can lure them into killing each other is fantastic), but I would still have liked to seem them play with it more.

I'm amazed that they made me care about Kratos and a God of War story. And it was excellent. I think it hit on every level that it was supposed to, nothing felt cheesy or bad. The pacing gets a little wonky at the end with it just continuing to introduce MacGuffins to chase down, but I was enjoying the game and wanting it to continue so much that even that didn't bother me.

I loved the way the game ended. The actual story ending was good, but artistically, rolling credits on the right side of the screen while you still control Kratos as you walk out of the temple and back down the stairs as he explains the meaning of the name Atreus to his son . . . it was just fantastic.

I'm looking forward to mopping up the stuff I haven't done yet. I freed two dragons during my playthrough, and I freed one Valkyrie, Gunnr. I also fought Eir and Kara, but got my ass handed to me, so I left them and continued the main quest. I got 30 some odd ravens, and I haven't even been to Niflheim yet.

I hope the photo mode patch comes soon. Or maybe I hope it comes in like two months, as that will give me a good reason to start a new save and go through the whole game again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread