God of War ***Spoiler Thread*** (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:14 (2187 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So... I beat it. And it is fantastic.

The story stuff with cutting down the tree was a great way to open, but what really sold me was the first real boss fight. It was such a knock down drag out fight that ranged all over and required a variety of tactical strategies. It left me awed and wondering if that’s the opening fight, what am I gonna get going forward.

I also liked the hub and spoke design. All the little missions on the different islands are great. Each island is almost a Tomb Raider style puzzle.

One of my favorite things is how confident they are in their enemy types. This is demonstrated really well in Muspelheim. Not sure if any of you have gotten there yet, but once you do you’ll have fun.

Of course, one of the best things they did was make Atreus a well thought out well realized character. His range of emotions and actions throughout the game are incredibly well written and acted.

Two last things:

First, a pro tip: It is very easy to accidentally wander into a Valkyrie when nearing the top of the mountain. Do not do this. And certainly don’t try for half an hour to beat her. I got close with mastering her attack patterns, but most of her attacks were one or two hit kills and it took me a silly-ly long time to realize I’d taken a wrong turn and hadn’t run into the most massive difficulty spike ever.

Second: When you do beat the game, have fun exploring and doing more quests and stuff, but be sure and go home.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread