Favorite Combat Move? *SP* (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 07:38 (2180 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don't know if I can pick an actual favorite, but I do use that one a lot. A few standouts for me:

1. Either of the attacks where you recall the axe and attack in one move.

2. The unarmed alternate stance heavy attack, where you leap with the shield. Perfect for following up after a sprinting punch sends the enemy flying.

3. Tripping enemies with a thrown axe.

4. I've only just unlocked the Blades of Chaos, so I haven't fully explored those yet. But right now, the thing I love the most is the heavy attack "finisher" ground slam you can tack on to the end of a light attack combo. Simply because that move was always a staple of combat for me in the old games, so it makes me feel "back in the groove" more than anything else.

Side note, because this post is about the unarmed shield attack: One of MANY things I love about this game is how satisfying the unarmed combat is. It's not just a fallback for when you forget to recall your axe - sometimes it's actually the best option. I find myself using it a lot just for fun, so when that Muspelheim trial where they regenerate health came up, I felt very prepared. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread