Because I can't wait to play it... (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 15:01 (3867 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

...and because I'm not entirely sure I even want to, here goes. Toss Ragashingo's thoughts in here, along with what I read online, and take it for the likely uneducated mess that it is.

What exactly is the game? It's not a first person shooter. Sure, it has a first person perspective. Sure, it has guns. It's also got punching. But the way those get mixed in together appear to be more like a Moving the Mouse Training Simulator than anything approaching a FPS.

I mean hey, if it had wonky phyics it could be a big hit like some of those other Simulators, but yeah I don't think so.

FPS mechanics are not mastered solely by thinking, by staring at the screen and determining the best way to navigate. If I wanted that kind of challenge, I'd get a good book of maze puzzels. You have to learn behaviors, learn button presses, learn all kinds of things, as if you were learning to play a sport or some other board game to master a good FPS.

I can't even tell if there's anything to master here; if there's any challenge at all (see the paragraph of Ragash's that I responded to above). It's not a game, but a clever experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread