(D'BOMM) DBO Midwest Meetup! (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 07, 2018, 08:06 (2180 days ago) @ stabbim

I REALLY hate to further complicate things, but...

It did occur to me just now that my issues with hosting really only apply to a large group. I'd originally been thinking of a 15-20 person group, which is what a lot of these things have been typically. I don't think it's realistic to run that many consoles+TVs in my place, as mentioned previously. But... 6 or so (or 2 fireteams worth) is probably fine. So, just throwing that out there, depending on the number of people interested. My place does have some advantages:

• The layout is open. People in all rooms (and even the enclosed porch, if the windows are open) can see+hear each other.
  • I'm less than 2.5 miles from the Des Moines International Airport. So close that walking from there is not unrealistic (I'm not suggesting anybody will have to).

Thank you so much for parenthetical. :)

[*]It's also super easy to drive to. Des Moines is at the intersection of two major interstates, and my place in particular is only one exit+one turn off of one of them.
[*]Des Moines also has a barcade, Up-Down. It's a 5-10 minute drive from my place, as is the rest of downtown, where there are some truly great eats like Fong's Pizza and Zombie Burger.
[*]Being so close to the airport, there are obviously plenty of hotels nearby if medical conditions and/or terrible personal habits require you to sleep separately from others. ;) I can't speak to the quality/luxury of any of them, though, having never had much reason to get a hotel next to my own house.

This would be me. I have terrible personal habits.

[/list]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread