What is the point of discussing something conceptually (Criticism)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 12:03 (2082 days ago) @ Cody Miller

See, valuation of execution options.

Selling spectacle is very different than software development. Usually.

Bungie's UI is pretty much based on spectacle is it not? There are many far better more efficient options for a controller.

You know, there are few things that you say that really irritate me anymore, because I'm used to your style of discourse; but this is some disingenuous crap. You're just saying that to lean into some argument that you think you have, and it's so impossibly thin, you're just reaching to have SOMETHING to say.

Based on spectacle? It's generally as stripped-down and as unobtrusive as possible. It is remarkably efficient at conveying the necessary information and doesn't clutter up the screen unnecessarily.

Is it atypical of consoles? Sure. Does it feel at times like it was designed to be used with a mouse? It does. Regardless of my own personal feelings on the subject matter; it rankles me when someone of your intellect and ability does this.

Find a better argument to make. Don't say things that aren't true just because you want to bolster your point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread