What is the point of discussing something conceptually (Criticism)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 13:31 (2089 days ago) @ Malagate

It conveys very little information actually. If you open your vault, unless you have every thumbnail memorized, you have to move the cursor over an image to get the weapon name and stats. A simple scrolling list conveys more. The icons tell you virtually nothing.

At a thumbnail level, you don't need more.

You mean like the gun name? Literally the most useful thing you can display?! Even if you know the thumbnail, you still have to scan every image to find what you want. Not optimal.

But why are you blaming this decision on the UI? Is it not part of the overall design to have a vault? Otherwise we'd see Guardians with a vault-in-your-pocket never landing in the tower because loadouts would be irrelevant. There are more reasons here than UI decisions being made.

I am talking about consumables and things like that, as well as things like engrams. You still pick up engrams even when your inventory is full… they just go to the postmaster which is an extra step. Again, because there is only so much room on screen and everything must fit.

It loads images slowly even on the Pro hardware. I have to wait for things to pop up before I can switch weapons around. Style lover function. In a firefight the delay can mean death.

Again, why is this the fault of the UI design? How fast things load isn't a function of the UI, is it?

It sure as shit is. Good UI is RESPONSIVE. If your UI doesn't have to load thumbnails, it's gonna be faster.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread