Lol! (Criticism)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 08:41 (2081 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But the "point" you were making as you were casting wildly about for a claim to make was that we should be able to carry a bunch more stuff, but were it not for the UI.

Consumables. Not weapons. Read my words next time. I never ever argued against the 9 reserve weapons per slot.

And this was after your original assertion that the UI is all about spectacle. You're moving the goalposts when you're called out on something; you never go back and just address your original comment and either correct yourself or admit you were wrong.

I don't believe I've ever backed down. I've given numerous examples of why the UI's design hinders you. It does not clearly convey necessary information, and slows you down by showing unnecessary information in fancy ways.

No, you haven't. That's exactly what I'm saying. The argument you were making was for spectacle. For form over function. You're making that claim about a minimalist UI that has had a lot more thought put into it than you're willing to give credit for, because that more-objective perspective doesn't serve the point you were trying to make. It is tenuous claim at best. Everything since has been hand-waving.

Keep proving my point. I'm done here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread