Lol! (Criticism)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:10 (2060 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't believe I've ever backed down. I've given numerous examples of why the UI's design hinders you. It does not clearly convey necessary information, and slows you down by showing unnecessary information in fancy ways.

That's your opinion (not a fact)

Duh? Is that why he is reacting the way he is? Because he somehow thinks I'm stating a FACT? Why do we have to go through this again?

Given that, why is he saying I am 'wrong'? How can my opinion be wrong? It's a true fact that I think the interface could be better if it looked less pretty.

The argument has never been that you're stating a fact. I said that because you keep reiterating it without actually backing it up - people arguing about opinions usually don't do that, they do that about facts. You're TREATING it like a fact (as though it doesn't need support), so I pointed out that it wasn't.

I guess I'd need you to explain what 'showing unnecessary information in fancy ways' means to you. I see almost nothing about the Inventory UI that I would class 'fancy' - it's all about as minimalist as you can get, imo. And NOTHING that I'm shown is 'unncessary' -- I can see at a glance what I've got, and the important features about each item, and I'm one trigger-pull away from secondary information if that glance isn't enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread