Being underleveled is probably okay (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 16:08 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m arguing that it’s a part of the experience that could be better and not have a bunch of people feeling like Bungie doesn’t care about our enjoyment. There’s no way this isn’t designed explicitly for the folks that can play Destiny full time. We’ve had this argument before way too many times, so I guess it’s not worth rehashing.

You're not wrong. Raids traditionally are orientated toward being a reward for being hardcore. If you're not prepared when it drops, that's fine, it'll be there when you get there. It's a hardcore activity and Bungie wants to reward their hardcore fans. I realize that streaming culture has complicated this problem, because now a select few can be paid to binge the game. But even other non-MMO games over the past couple decades have structured content in certain ways to cater to the first few weeks of heavy player population. This particular way is just the most controversial and also happens to run counter to the way Halo presented its content.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread