It's a live game with strong MMO-leanings. (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 17:00 (2041 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh, sorry, didn't notice.

No worries!

I've always chalked that bit up to Bungie not knowing exactly how to handle it. This decision is probably their most overt attempt at establishing a "way to do it." I am personally fine with it and too find it neat.

Me too. I think the issue is still there, though. When I finally do get into the raid, what's the explanation for the fact that the World's First team already did and cursed the Dreaming City, but I'm just not going in to do it? At a certain point, I think we just have to accept that's how it has to be, but I think if Bungie would start approaching the game from that angle, they could find creative solutions for that, and find ways to have it make more sense. The "Vex time shit" of the Vault of Glass is a good example of that, but you can't just use that excuse for everything.

Haven't been spoiled at all, but one theory of mine is that he'll still be able to present himself as a menace for repeated culling. He is a mystical, magical being after all.

I thought the details about his "power from the grave" was lampshading the possibility, at the very least.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread