Being underleveled is probably okay *edited* (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:15 (2048 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I should add, just to be clear. Knowing ahead of time that the raid goes up in level over the various encounters is totally fine. Knowing the level of the final boss, I can plan accordingly and jump in when I’ve hit a level I feel comfortable with. This is what part of why I don’t like blind raiding anymore. It was fine in the VoG/CE days because I knew that if I was able to start the raid, I could finish it. But King’s Fall changed things, and I felt bamboozled by the sudden switch. I’d just appreciate some clarity and transparency from the game when it comes to these kinds of things.

VoG and Crota's end had enemies start at the recommended level, and rise by two by the end. So the level 26 VoG had you facing 28 enemies by the end.

I believe (this was hour years ago after all) that a difference of 4 levels resulted in no damage. A difference of three was possible to damage, but given the mechanics of the raid it would not be completable. Two levels difference was doable but tough. One was only slightly tougher. For VoG and Crota, even if you got no drops, if you started at the recommended level of 26 you could definitely finish the raid. I believe you had to be 31 to do enough damage to Crota with the sword though?

Anyway, King's fall started at 280 and if I remember right it went to 310 by the end? That's the equivalent of a three level jump from VoG. Basically, it wouldn't be doable practically without level up.

I do not know how far up the enemies scale in Last Wish, but if it starts at 560 and you are going in under that, you are simply not going to be able to finish. Period.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread