Being underleveled is probably okay (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 16:39 (2050 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I’m arguing that it’s a part of the experience that could be better and not have a bunch of people feeling like Bungie doesn’t care about our enjoyment. There’s no way this isn’t designed explicitly for the folks that can play Destiny full time. We’ve had this argument before way too many times, so I guess it’s not worth rehashing.

You're not wrong. Raids traditionally are orientated toward being a reward for being hardcore. If you're not prepared when it drops, that's fine, it'll be there when you get there.

I think that’s stupid. I am a hardcore Destiny player, I just also have a job and other shit I need to get done. The pinnacle activity of Destiny shouldn’t be a “reward” for anything, it should be an activity I can enjoy without having to devotes weeks of preparation for.

And no, it might not be there when I’m ready, not in the way that matters, which is unsoiled. That’s the root of the problem. Every day from here until I can do it is another chance that I’ll be spoiled. Bungie clearly thinks blind runs are the best way to experience a raid, or they wouldn’t be so secretive about them. So why do they design it so as few people as possible have a reasonable chance of experiencing it that way? They also clearly want people to tune into streams and watch the World’s First attempts. So which is it? Do they want us to see it fresh when we play, or do they want us to just accept our place and watch the pros do it? Because it seems fairly clear to me, and it’s sucks.

For the record, yes, I know I’m being hyperbolic, and I’m not as upset as it probably seems. But it is a real bummer, and it feels like it could be a much better experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread