It's a live game with strong MMO-leanings. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 15:29 (2042 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The Light is Paracausal. The Guardian operates outside of linear time either Causal or Acausal (Forward and Reverse time) and the level at whih that has reality warping effects has not been fully explored. I think suggesting it doesn’t make mechanical sense is an undersell. It’s complex and not necessarily intuitive (Paracausality isn’t) but that doesn’t make it bad.

Maybe if they had been telling that story from the start I would feel different. But instead we are all experiencing the same story from different sets of eyes. We’ve never been playing with millions of Guardians in the world. That suddenly changing now is silly.

Crota killed thousands of Guardians on the moon. There are occasionally implications in the lore and in random comments from NPCs in the new Tower that a lot of Guardians died when the Red Legion cut off our Light. I'm not sure millions was ever implied, but thousands of Guardians existing at the same time certainly is... and that's enough scale to support all the random Guardians we've ever seen out and about...

My name is Eriana-3, disciple of the Praxic Warlocks, marked by the Cormorant Seal. Survivor of the great disaster: the day we set out to retake our moon, united in a host of thousands, and found ourselves outmatched by one Hive champion of unspeakable power.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread