Why I Hate Forge And Hope It Has No Place In Destiny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 25, 2013, 20:04 (3838 days ago)

Custom maps. Custom, random, never seen before maps. If I fire up Halo matchmaking it seems like all I end up playing are maps I've never seen before. Then I get beat, not by players, but by maps I can't possibly know. Where did those rockets come from? That shotgun? Those vehicles and sniper rifle? As an infrequent Halo player I'm at the mercy of trying to combat the enemy and the unknown maps.

And I want it all gone.

Just not knowing the maps isn't the only problem, even if it's the biggest. Forge maps. All of them. In every version of Halo. Look like crap. Don't I pay professionals with expensive custom tools to design me excellent looking and playing maps? Oh, that's right! I do! So why am I stuck playing ScreamingXXXboxXXliveboyNumb3rThrieve's randomly chosen map?

So yeah. Hopefully with Bungie's seemingly much more powerful and quick map editing tools and Destiny's always on, always evolving nature, having to deal with lame Forge style maps will be a thing of the past.

Good riddens I say.

P.S. I'll take a "Basics" playlist in exchange for the elimination of Forge as well...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread