I take offense to this. (Destiny)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 04:43 (3837 days ago) @ Ragashingo

TL;DR - Our maps are awesome. You should learn them. You might even enjoy H4. Maybe.
Discounting good maps because you haven't played them is the stupidest thing I've heard in a few days (since I saw a picture of some high school students attempting roman numerals that read "Class of II 0 I V").

Custom maps. Custom, random, never seen before maps. If I fire up Halo matchmaking it seems like all I end up playing are maps I've never seen before. Then I get beat, not by players, but by maps I can't possibly know. Where did those rockets come from? That shotgun? Those vehicles and sniper rifle? As an infrequent Halo player I'm at the mercy of trying to combat the enemy and the unknown maps.

And I want it all gone.

Sheesh, people complained about there being not enough maps, so Bungie adds Forge. Now you're gonna complain because there are too many maps. You don't play, so you don't know the maps. You could say the same thing about On Disk/DLC maps.

It's a much more cost effective way to give players more content, and community built maps generally play better than developer maps these days.

Just not knowing the maps isn't the only problem, even if it's the biggest. Forge maps. All of them. In every version of Halo. Look like crap. Don't I pay professionals with expensive custom tools to design me excellent looking and playing maps? Oh, that's right! I do! So why am I stuck playing ScreamingXXXboxXXliveboyNumb3rThrieve's randomly chosen map?

Forge is a limited tool. I imagine that will change with the Xbone, but for now, people can only use what they have. Generally I agree that forge maps look like vomit, but to say they all do is ludicrous. I can bring some pictures if need be. The maps that we (speaking as a Community Cartographer) put into MM are generally very good looking. The only reason an ugly map would get in is if it played excellently, which has happened before. They are never randomly chosen. We take the best content from the best forgers so that players can play the best maps. We spend weeks testing and refining them, so that people enjoy their time in MatchMaking. I think if you learned the maps, you'd enjoy them a lot more than the base maps.

So yeah. Hopefully with Bungie's seemingly much more powerful and quick map editing tools and Destiny's always on, always evolving nature, having to deal with lame Forge style maps will be a thing of the past.

Yeah, hopefully the community will get much more powerful creation tools (in Destiny and Halo 5). Then community maps will flourish.

Good riddens I say.

This is your worst post ever, I say.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread