Yeah, infinite free DLC is just the worst. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 05:23 (3837 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Custom maps. Custom, random, never seen before maps. If I fire up Halo matchmaking it seems like all I end up playing are maps I've never seen before. Then I get beat, not by players, but by maps I can't possibly know. Where did those rockets come from? That shotgun? Those vehicles and sniper rifle? As an infrequent Halo player I'm at the mercy of trying to combat the enemy and the unknown maps.

You're complaining about something that is not exclusive to Forge as if it were. The first time you play ANY map--on-disc, DLC, or Forge--you must learn the map.

Just not knowing the maps isn't the only problem, even if it's the biggest. Forge maps. All of them. In every version of Halo. Look like crap. Don't I pay professionals with expensive custom tools to design me excellent looking and playing maps?

So you want to pay money for a handful of finite maps because you think they're prettier?

Forge is the superior way to deliver new content to players. You don't have to worry about all the things associated with DLC, like adoption rates. Not getting to play that DLC much in matchmaking because the matchmaking system isn't finding other players that have also purchased that DLC? Not a problem with Forge.

The tool can be improved, but in my opinion, Forge is the single most important element in the longevity of Halo. Infinite free DLC. It should be getting much more dev focus than it has in the past, which would address your petty concern about visuals.

So yeah. Hopefully with Bungie's seemingly much more powerful and quick map editing tools and Destiny's always on, always evolving nature, having to deal with lame Forge style maps will be a thing of the past.

This paragraph has no clear meaning that I can discern.

P.S. I'll take a "Basics" playlist in exchange for the elimination of Forge as well...

I was saying this back in Halo: Reach, that sometimes I just want to play on-disc maps, so I can definitely appreciate this comment. Better playlist management is the key to this particular gripe, not removing Forge as a feature.

I don't think Forge maps should be in every single playlist.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread