Why I Hate Forge And Hope It Has No Place In Destiny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:29 (3838 days ago) @ Xenos

As far as the polish argument I think that if we have tools in Destiny they will be much more powerful than in Halo, but that could just be me being overly excited about a brand new Bungie game.

As far as the rest of it, I liked the way Bungie did it in Reach before 343 took over, very few Forge maps were introduced unless you specifically played in the Community playlist. I do wish they'd had more fully completed maps at the start instead of adding in a few made in Forge, but I'm sure Bungie felt the same way too.

Yeah. These days, in Reach at least... I haven't played Halo 4 multiplayer in a while, you typically get one "real" map and two forge maps offered to you. I would rather it be the other way around, this includes Bungie making enough multiplayer maps to keep the variety up.

Maybe a brief description of the map would help me to. Right now I see "Midas" for instance and think, "What is that?" But if it said "Midas - a largely vertical map with large walled off rooms and mid range lines of sight. Watch out for the Ghost stationed near the bottom!" I'd be a bit happier. Add that to a quick visual overview marking key locations and I'd be a lot happier.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread