Why I Hate Forge And Hope It Has No Place In Destiny (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 15:51 (3837 days ago) @ Ragashingo

As far as the polish argument I think that if we have tools in Destiny they will be much more powerful than in Halo, but that could just be me being overly excited about a brand new Bungie game.

As far as the rest of it, I liked the way Bungie did it in Reach before 343 took over, very few Forge maps were introduced unless you specifically played in the Community playlist. I do wish they'd had more fully completed maps at the start instead of adding in a few made in Forge, but I'm sure Bungie felt the same way too.

Yeah. These days, in Reach at least... I haven't played Halo 4 multiplayer in a while, you typically get one "real" map and two forge maps offered to you. I would rather it be the other way around, this includes Bungie making enough multiplayer maps to keep the variety up.

Maybe a brief description of the map would help me to. Right now I see "Midas" for instance and think, "What is that?" But if it said "Midas - a largely vertical map with large walled off rooms and mid range lines of sight. Watch out for the Ghost stationed near the bottom!" I'd be a bit happier. Add that to a quick visual overview marking key locations and I'd be a lot happier.

Perhaps when a map is finished and ready to be considered for a hopper, either the map author or Bungie should put together a brief flythrough vid that will play before the match starts. At the very least vehicle and ammo spawns, teleporters, jump pads, and environmental hazards will be made known to all players.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread