How about lobby-maps? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:16 (3838 days ago) @ ZackDark

I mean, we're all playing never-before-seen maps at some point. Heck, when I jumped in H2 MP, it was already 2 years old. I was completely lost and people kept punishing me for that. Do I feel like injustice was inflicted upon me? Heck no, it's the nature of the game. One day I'll get to be the one punishing.

Sure. And I get that. Always fun to grab the flag on your first play through of a map only to stare dumbly at your matchmade ally until he guides you back home.

Now, a pre-match (either in the lobby or loading screen) would be very nice. Much more so than button configurations (though they both fall into the same logic, IMO).

Yeah. Some kind of "here's where the weapons and stuff are" overview would be nice. Also I'd like a much easier way to actually load up and run through a new map. There's some way to download the maps in a playlist right? Whatever it is I don't know it mainly because when I only have an hour or two to play some Halo my first instinct isn't to run around unfamiliar maps looking at weapon placements.

And about your point of polish, yeah, I agree. We're paying top bucks there. However, with Halo, I usually feel like I underpaid for the amount of enjoyment, so I don't mind unpolish once in a while. Not that I wouldn't love a nicer map maker that allowed a lot more polish. ;)

Yeah. That would help some. Our community is certainly up to the task of making better looking maps, if only they had the tools.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread