I take offense to this. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:49 (3837 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

TL;DR - Our maps are awesome. You should learn them. You might even enjoy H4. Maybe.

Ah. I see now. It's my fault for not having the time to play more. I humbly apologize. :p

But seriously, not everyone has the time to be a Community Cartographer, not everybody has the time to play more than a few hours a week. I respect the fact that Forgers put a lot of work into their maps, but when you combine the limitations of the tool with the non-existent help to players that haven't played the new maps before you end up with a worse experience every time.

I think if you learned the maps, you'd enjoy them a lot more than the base maps.

I disagree. I know some Forge maps quite well but even then generic colors and shapes of the Forge blocks breaks my immersion. I'm not saying I don't or can't have fun on a Forged map, but I do think I would have a better experience every single time on a "real" version of the same map.

This is your worst post ever, I say.

Heh. If you read my other responses, especially the on to INSANEdrive you'll see I was being overly harsh for the sake of sparking a discussion and that I'm (a bit?) more reasonable than I intentionally made myself out to be. Regardless, I'm glad you replied. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread