Sure! It's not all roses though. (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 09:39 (1433 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess I never really thought about that. Makes sense.

But you also have things like Uncharted, where you can choose multiplayer or single player to download first so you can play while the other downloads in the background. Or the Master Chief collection which does allow you to pick and choose.

Which I think was totally a design decision from the get go, especially the case of Master Chief Collection. Also, just take all of what I've said as a rambling software engineer in a completely different tech field than games :D

I think it's totally possible to do what you have suggested. I just don't know what limitations are set when doing it and how much extra work and upkeep that is required to have this feature. I totally think it can be done though. And as you mentioned with the size of games, if the hardware power and thus the size of games increase faster than efficient HD space and IO capabilities we could totally see the software side compensating (hopefully only in the short term).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread