That's where you and cody differ (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 16:36 (1390 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The thing you’re missing is that the literally the only game we know of at $70 is NBA 2K21, which is basically the standard for chock full of bullshit microtransactions.

If Horizon Forbidden West releases at $70, I’ll happily buy it and not begrudge them the ten bucks. Let’s not pretend it’s just a net positive for the industry though. It’s not going to change anything—microtransactions are here to stay. That some major AAA games don’t have them doesn’t negate that point. All of those games you mentioned already had massive resources and sold a bunch of copies and made tons of money. And they’re all made by developers that have never had significant (or any, as far as I know) microtransactions. I guess it’s conceivable Killzone did, but I’ve never played it, and that series existed mostly before every online game was infected with them.

If the extra ten bucks leads to actual significant change in anything about video games beyond me paying an extra ten bucks per game, I’ll eat a fucking hat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread