Allow me to translate (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 06, 2020, 18:16 (1390 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is what I was talking about. I disagree with you that MTs "poison the well". They can be abusive and make a game worse. But you are making the stand that it's guaranteed.

If they don't make the game worse, there is no incentive to pay to skip actually playing the game to get the things. The exception is of course for items ONLY available via microtransaction. Since they aren't obtainable in game, the game design does not necessarily have to nudge you towards buying (but it often does.)

Okay, MT are only evil and destroy the game if they allow you to bypass any part of the game. So what if cosmetics are random chance in the game, but you can also buy them via MT? I'm honestly confused by your standards of MT and want to know where your line is. Because you recently condemned not only a game, but an entire franchise because it has MTs without even knowing how they might affect the game. That to me says "if it has MT the developers are ruining the entire game" regardless of what the MTs might be or how they affect the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread