Allow me to translate (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 08, 2020, 10:29 (1381 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a non-mobile game ever have an ability to skip any part of a game for money.

If you have ever bought something from Eververse with silver, you've paid to skip the part of the game where you earn bright dust to buy the thing.

This is wrong. There are plenty of Eververse items that have not, and never will be, sold for bright dust.

And there aren’t plenty that you can get with either bright dust OR silver?

Yep. Never said there wasn't. Trying to get you to pay attention to your words.

"If you have ever bought" is wrong.

"Sometimes, when you buy" would have been accurate. (Correction: MIGHT have been accurate. There are still other ways to interpret that activity. For example, there is actually a limit on the amount of Bright Dust you can realistically earn in a given time period. (Some of the bounties that provide it are repeatable... but there are really only so many hours in a day.) You might say "I really want both that ship and that ghost, but I don't have the Bright Dust for both. I'll pay for the Ghost, and I'll buy the ship with real money when it comes around again." This is NOT the same thing as "paying to skip the part of the game where you earn bright dust to buy the thing".)

Lol. A cap like that on bright dust with expiring items is a textbook example of a friction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread