Allow me to translate (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 20:12 (1388 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I believe the point that Cody is trying to make (Cody please correct me if I’m wrong) is that the $60 price point is often held up by publishers as a justification for micro transactions. The fact that games still only cost $60 to buy, despite inflation and increasing development costs, actually gives that excuse some legitimacy.

Cody is saying that by increasing the price tag to $70, publishers will no longer have that excuse to prop up their scummy micro-transaction practices. That won’t necessarily stop publishers from including micro transactions anyway, but their justification for it will look a lot less credible. THAT could possibly have an effect on public opinion > sales > future practices, etc.

Yes all this.

Plus the games that don't have them can be better, since they will make more money due to the higher price point. Rising prices have not historically hurt game sales, and in fact aren't even at inflation level as it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread