Allow me to translate (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 09:39 (1361 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

What if you have a game that is 80% fighting and 20% exploring, and you can only get those cosmetics by exploring? Just so you know, I'm using any sort of percentage, it doesn't matter. Generally speaking not everyone loves a game 100% and thus, as Claude said, we are all different people. So if I hate the percentage of a game that I need to play to get that thing I wanted, that would indeed be a grind. Is that bad development? No, because you might be a small percentage of the community how hates that part of the game, but absolutely love the rest.

I'll grant you this, but we used to have a free solution. Cheat codes. Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start. All extras unlocked. Plus, no developer would take the time and money to implement those microtransactions unless they believed enough people would buy them, which is a tacit admission enough people would find the elements of the game they'd pay to skip unfun. Not good faith.

Now that I think about this, this is very similar to tipping people. I get to choose if I valued the experience and it's up to me to give, or not give, the amount I deem they deserve. If I go to a place that auto tips, I feel like I'm deprived the ability to choose how I felt the service went. Same would go for paying $60 (or $70) for a game that I really thought was worth $30.

Tipping is always above the base price. If you looked at the menu and say the food was too much, you simply wouldn't go in at all. So wait until the 60 dollar game is 30 dollars in 5 months. Also tipping is really stupid as a concept and should go away.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread