Allow me to translate (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 10:18 (1361 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If this is true, then what about adding MTs to a game that has no friction to entice you to buy the MTs? Or what about all the people that honestly don't consider what you consider to be frictions? What if the companies never add what you call frictions and they still have MTs? There are so many cases depending on what the company does and what I consider as a player that makes MTs bad or good. I've seen both cases as a player. But to say without a doubt that elminating MTs will always make a game better is, as Claude was saying, overly black and white.

Can you give me an example of a microtransaction you personally consider good? I would like to explore this.

When I played dota 2, it was a game that was completely free. It is based off of a free mod that was for Warcraft 3. I started to play it because it was free and got some of my friends to play it. We had a great time and there were MTs in the game because otherwise they wouldn't make money. So you get random cosmetics of lower quality for just playing games. I naturally equipped them even if they weren't for most of the characters I liked playing but you never know when I might! Anyway, it came to a point where there were some cooler looking cosmetics that were for characters that I played more often. My rational thought was that I appreciated this game and I had played it enough for free that I wanted to give back to the company that made it, so I spent money on it. I think I must have played on and off for roughly 5 years and spent probably around $100 bucks. Would I have paid $60 or even $70 for it up front? No.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread