Luke On Sunsetting (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 17, 2020, 10:12 (1226 days ago) @ squidnh3

Sunsetting is one of those issues that will constantly hang over the game from now on. On one hand, it doesn’t matter all that much. I’ll just use whatever gear I can. On the other, it fucking sucks and it makes me want to drop the game in a lot of ways. I love the new raid gear. I wanted to get a full set on every character. But honestly, why bother? In a year it won’t matter. Why invest all the time to get good rolls on that gear and all the materials upgrading it to make it useable.

Sunsetting is one of those things where I can understand how they arrived there, and I can see why it might seem like a good idea. But it doesn’t fix any of the problems they cite as reasons for it, and it makes me want to engage with the game far less. It almost completely removes being able to play the game in a carefree way. With the now super limited pool of weapons, it can be very difficult to find gear that can meet the requirements for Match Game and whatever particular Champions are in that activity. The game is pushing in ways that actively make it less fun because of how limiting it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread